The Haitian Project Garage Sale
July 22–24 • The Madeleine Parish Hall
Even before the devastating earthquake of January 2010, The Madeleine Parish was a steadfast supporter of The Haitian Project, a Catholic Mission which supports and operates Louverture Cleary School (LCS), a tuition-free, Catholic, co-educational secondary boarding school for economically under-privileged Haitian children.
Imagine living in a place where…
- More than one million primary school-age children simply have no access to education.
- Nearly 80% of the population lacks basic reading and writing skills.
- One in eight children die annually before the age of five, mainly because of malnutrition.
It is for this cause that, each year, The Madeleine Parish comes together with contributions of time, talent and merchandise to raise money for this worthy mission. One hundred or more volunteers work in the summer heat to raise sorely needed funds to support the school, and a good number work year-round organizing the event and securing donations.
If you have merchandise to donate, or wish to volunteer your time, please contact Megan Callahan, 503-806-6871 or email@example.com; or Steve Holmes, 503-706-7937, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Haitian Project Garage Sale dates/times
- Friday, July 22, 9 am–3 pm
- Saturday, July 23, 9 am–3 pm
- Sunday, July 24, 9 am–1 pm (half-price day)
Drop off donations at the Parish Hall:
- Monday– July 11 through Wednesday, July
9 am–3 pm
Load trucks @ storage units from 9 am–12 pm (20 volunteers)
Unload trucks @ The Madeleine after Mass, approx. 9:30 am–3 pm (20-40
Daily set up, and pricing, 9 am–3 pm (20-40 volunteers). On
Sundays we will begin at 9:30 after Mass.
July 22–24: SALE DAYS!
Friday and Saturday 9 am-3 pm, Sunday 9 am-1 pm (50% off day, $5 per bag of clothing day)
Sale tear down begins at 1:00 pm (40 volunteers)